Features and Parameters
The aXGate has the following parameters:
- Input gain – boost or cut the input gain.
- Output make-up gain – adjust the output level to compensate for a reduction in overall level due to compression.
- Threshold – the threshold level above which a signal will have compression applied
- Ratio – controls the amount of compression applied when signals go above the Threshold
- Knee width – control how smoothly the compressor goes from uncompressed to compressed as signal level increases. Zero knee width is a hard knee.
- Attack time – the time in milliseconds for the compressor to become fully active once the signal goes above the Threshold.
- Release time – the time in milliseconds for the compressor to stop acting on the signal once it falls below the Threshold.
- RMS or peak detection – control whether it is the signals peak or average levels that are used to determine if the level is above the Threshold.
- Gain Reduction display – shows the amount of gain reduction applied over time. The range can be adjusted by right clicking and selecting a new range.
- Ambisonic Order Detection: processing automatically matches the order of the input signal to optimise CPU usage when working with lower orders than the maximum available to the plugin.
Input: Any Ambisonic channel format with the W channel on the first input.
Output: The same as the output.
- AAX (64 bit) for Windows – Requires Pro Tools Ultimate or Studio.
- AAX (Apple Silicon/Intel) for Mac – Requires Pro Tools Ultimate or Studio.
- VST3 (64 bit) for Windows.
- VST3 (Apple Silicon/Intel) for OSX.
Available Versions: The aXGate is available with 3 levels of spatial resolution, with different maximum Ambisonic orders:
- a1Gate – gate first-order Ambisonic signals.
- a3Gate – gate up-to third-order Ambisonic signals.
- a7Gate – gate up-to seventh-order Ambisonic signals.
Seventh order Ambisonics requires a massive 64 channels for each track! Not all DAWs can handle this so please download the demo version to test if your DAW and workflow is compatible with this product – you might only need the first-order or third-order version!
VST is a registered trademark of Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH.