Parameters The aXPanner has the following parameters for controlling the placement of your sound sources:
- Azimuth – control the left-right positioning of the sound source, where 90 degrees is to the left and -90 degrees is to the right.
- Elevation – control the up-down positioning of the sound source, where 90 degrees is directly above and -90 degrees is below.
- Width – control the azimuthal width between the left and right input channels. In the case of a mono input, copies of the input are panned with the desired width between them.
- Order (a3 and a7Panner only) – controls the maximum order output from the plugin, which controls the spatial resolution. Aim to use the highest possible order for the highest accuracy 3D sound.
Input: Mono or stereo audio. Output: AmbiX (SN3D/ACN) format Ambisonics.
Available Versions: The aXPanner is available with 3 levels of spatial resolution, with different maximum Ambisonic orders:
- Free a1Panner – encodes to first order Ambisonics allowing for the creation of a sound field with standard resolution.
- a3Panner – encodes to third order Ambisonics, giving advanced spatial resolution for higher accuracy sound fields.
- a7Panner – encodes to seventh-order Ambisonics, giving the highest possible spatial resolution currently available in a DAW.
Seventh order Ambisonics requires a massive 64 channels for each track! Not all DAWs can handle this so please download the demo version to test if your DAW and workflow is compatible with this product – you might only need the first-order or third-order version!